Last week, Cheryl and I had the pleasure of traveling to Sun Valley, Idaho. It was our first visit to the area and we got to photograph Julia and Doug’s Sun Valley wedding weekend! Originally, their wedding was to be held last year in Pebble Beach. But due to COVID, the wedding had to be postponed. I can confidently say it all worked out in the end. Like the couple, Julia and Doug’s wedding day was incredibly gorgeous.
Perfect Sun Valley Wedding Weather
After a little dusting of snow overnight, the weather was warm and sunny for their ceremony at the Valley Club. Guests enjoyed signature cocktails and views of snow capped mountains at The Valley Club before dancing the night away.
Sneak Peek Photos
Because the wedding was just a few days ago, I have quite a bit of photo editing ahead of me! In the meantime, here are a few sneak peeks for the lovely bride and her dashing groom.
Thank you to the vendor team that made Julia and Doug’s Sun Valley wedding a successful one!
- Photography: Mirelle Carmichael
- Wedding Planner: Heather Minor Events
- Ceremony and Reception Venue: The Valley Club
- Rehearsal Dinner Venue: The Ram, Sun Valley
- Rentals: That’s Entertainment Rentals
- Floral Designer: Tara Bella Flowers
- Bride – Getting Ready Location: Private Residence, Sun Valley
- Groom – Getting Ready Location: Hemingway Suite, Sun Valley Lodge
- Reception Band: “What’s Going On”
- Wedding Cake: Hank and Sylvie’s
- Officiant: John Holland
- Ceremony musician: Travis McDaniel
- Guest Transportation: Mountain Rides
- Stage: Jay Cutler
- Hair Stylist: Danielle Anspach
- Makeup Artist: Brandie Aardema
- Lounge Furniture: Studio 11 Staging and Events
Mirelle Carmichael is an award-winning fine art photographer based in San Diego and Santa Barbara County. She specializes in high-quality publication-worthy photography for weddings, special events, and editorials. Mirelle Carmichael Photography also offers year-round family photography and portraits throughout Southern California.